01 December 2008

Twilight the movie


We went and saw the movie on Saturday with my Mom, while my brother went with my dad to the new James Bond movie. There were some things I liked about it and some things I didn't. I thought the actors were chosen well for their looks. Some of their acting could have been better. Also I don't think they handled the big reveal that Edward's a vampire very well. Bella just seemed really over dramatic. Also, they didn't do a very good job with building the relationship. It just seemed all of the sudden they were saying I love you. I think they could have done more in the way of using Bella as a narator to build it up. I really liked the baseball game and then the final fight scene. Though I wanted Edward to do more than just bite him once before rushing over to help Carlisle. Over all I think I enjoyed myself. I didn't even have to deal with throngs of swooning girls.

The one character that I thought was particularly good was Carlisle. I thought the actor did a great job and was cast really well. I wasn't expecting to have that actor fill the role so well. He certainly exceeded my expectations. Edward was very awkward at the beginning but that was kind of expected. He just didn't get unawkward for longer than I was expecting.

4 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I agree with everything. I really wish the actors could act, and I didn't think that edward was at all how I pictured him. Hopefully they will do better on the next movie.

sixpickychicks said...

Haven't seen it yet...still trying to deal with needy Bella in my mind. Can't seem to like her much. By the way I LOVE the picture of the shadows of you on the beach. Great picture! I commented on your last blog also...but you may not see it so I am telling you now. I have been without internet at Amy's. I think I may be addicted. I have been having serious withdrawl.

Olivia said...

I see yours hasn't either... I really liked this movie but I think it is becuase I went in with low expectations as I do with every book turned movie.

Amy and her little family said...

I agree!!! People who never read it liked it, because they weren't expecting anything. I think the love was too rushed. It didn't feel like TRUE love like the book. But by the end of the movie I thought both edward and bella's actors were okay... I hope the next movie is better. It kind of sucks because the first book was my favorite.