20 November 2008

Finishing

I have finished a few things lately that I figured I'd write about.


I finished my internship and found myself disappointed. I was under the impression that I was going to be able to work until the end of the year. No such luck. About 3 weeks ago my boss told me that I was going to be let go because they ran out of grant money. I wasn't happy. To make it worse the last two weeks I basically just sat around waiting for something to do. I did find out that I don't want to do research for a living. There's too much worrying about where the next grant is coming from and what the people giving grants are going to give them money for. They can't just research what they want to. There is also a fiasco about using a grant to pay for a future project that you haven't got a grant for yet. I don't want to deal with all that crap.
To commemorate my finishing we went to the beach. I took some good pics. Here are a couple.






I also finished my medical school secondary applications!

I now have to wait and find out. I'm excited that it's done but now I have to wait. That's not very exciting.

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I also can't wait to see where you and Em will be for the next few years. I hope it is somewhere fun!!!

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I am glad that you have all your medical school applications finished! What a relief. If you guys are bored, come over. We can play games.

sixpickychicks said...

Though I am sad to hear that the internship ended, I think it is a great thing to find out ahead of time what you don't want to do. They were talking in our ward one day and some of the girls were complaining that their husbands (in medical school) wished they had gone in another direction, now that they were residents...so much work for unhappiness. We are excited to see you and Emily in a couple of weeks! Love, Cindra