
This story had a lot of potential but the entire thing kind of disappointed me in the end. I really liked the idea of the Vampires trying to live better. I also kind of like the werewolves and how Meyer allowed them to communicate. I really had problems with Bella. She annoyed me with all her whining. I hated how she couldn't make up her mind between Jacob and Edward. That wasn't even a competition in my mind. Edward was probably the most gentlemanly character I have ever heard about. Even with all Bella's whining and moaning about Jacob, he just let her do what she wanted and loved her regardless. He even took her to him. I was annoyed quite a bit about the whole love triangle. Edward sacrificed everything. All Jacob did was complain about the "blood-suckers." He was just prejudice. I hated how he manipulated her in order to get her to love him. It was dirty. I liked how Meyer resolved the issue of Jacob. I liked how Jacob was able to remain around but get over the whole Bella obsession.
I always felt disappointed in the end of the books. I hated how Meyer would be having the characters bum around Forks for about 4/5ths of the book and then have something massive happen. The first she runs off to Phoenix, the second Italy, the third the get attacked by an army of Vampires, and the final, an army of royal vampires. I thought the traveling was particularly ridiculous, but some of the fights weren't much better. I was disappointed that in the end, they left the idea that the Valtore were probably going to come back and then they just said THE END. I don't like some of the names they used. I didn't like Billy, or Jasper as names. I really didn't like Renesme. That was retarded. I was also disappointed that the only thing Marcus ever did during the Voltore interactions was "look bored." Why bother to have him there if he didn't do anything?!
I liked how Meyer changed perspectives in the 4th book. I loved seeing what Jacob was thinking. I love when authors do that. If you want another series of books that do that, I would recommend the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. The first of them is called On a Pale Horse. I think it's the best of all of them. I liked how Meyer did that. I really would have liked to see things from Edwards perspective and am excited to read the section the Meyer put on her website. I hope she goes back to it sometime.
Over all I liked the story. I will be interested to see what they do with the movie. I know this post is kind of random but I just wrote stuff as I thought about it. Let me know what you all think.

2 comments:
Hey Lyle! I think it is so cool that you read these books!
Personally, I loved them. I didn't really like the ending. I agree that they probably could do another book. But hopefully she will go on with the story from another perspective. She can have Jacob and Renesme get married or something like that.
I also thought the Bella was a little to insecure with herself. She started to drive me crazy a few times.
I compleatly agree with the whole Bella thing! She was selfish and whined the entire series!It was also really cool how she completly changed the way the story was goimg in the fourth book and that she should have kept writing! I do like the name Jasper though... I'm glad you liked the books! It is the last thing I ever expected you to read! Oh and Aww, how cute!
Post a Comment