
My father sent me this article about the ethics of genetic engineering.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/11/AR2008041103330.html
I tend to agree with him. When it comes to genetic engineering of babies, I think it is in the near future. It may even be happening right now behind closed doors. The ethics of the situation are up in the air for me. Do I think that there is something wrong with adjusting an embryo so that it is healthier? No. Do I think that it is wrong to make a baby more athletic or smarter? I'm not sure. (If you haven't seen Gattica, the movie that they mentioned, I would highly recommend it.) This article also brings up to me the issue of cloning. Many people figure that there are serious problems with it, both moral and religious. What do you all think? I personally feel that God will take any body he can get for a spirit regardless of how it came to be. If that's blasphemy, so be it.

2 comments:
I agree that God is ultimately in charge and that if a baby lives, whether cloned or enhanced, it is gods will to let it happen. I am not sure if I agree with enhancing, though, unless it is to make all our babies girls :)
I am not going to do that Emily. I think that making all of our babies girls would be against the will of God. If He has it in mind for us to have a boy, I am not going to be the one to say no to Him.
Post a Comment