15 May 2009

My mother's son

I would never have thought this to be the case but I am my mother's son. When going to the hospital to find out about volunteering in the ER, Emily found out that they were in dire need of receiving blankets. She thought that she could make a bunch. I figured that I could help her. It has turned into my project. I work on them while Emily works. She's happy that I'm there and I'm doing something I enjoy. Here's the ones I've done so far. Yes I'm the one that hand quilted them. Emily did the edging. It's kind of weird to think that, but like I said I am my mother's son. (For those of you who don't know, my mother is a crazy quilter.)

Emily designed this pink one.




I came up with the design for the quilting on this one.




Here's me with my handy-work.



We have the materials for I'd guess 5 more.

2 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I think that is amazing that you are doing this. What a great gift you are giving to those new moms!!!

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

I love these! Great job. The one that you designed is awesome! The stitching is perfect...much better than I do.