12 May 2008

My Family Reunion

My family decided that before we all shoot off in our different directions for the next few years that we as an immediate family would have a family reunion. We all met this weekend (except Wes) in Bend, OR. There we played games, went to a play, and basically just hung out. Here are a few photos from the trip.
On the way to Bend we stopped at a little shop with wood carvings. I thought this owl was awesome and I think Emily would have loved these giraffes, but she was asleep in the car having taken a Dramamine.



We stopped at this gorge because my mother likes canyons and my dad likes bridges. There were three bridges here, two for cars and one for the train. You can see the two car bridges together and the train one in the other picture.


We saw this sign when we got out to look at the gorge. I thought it was kind of funny. To no one's surprise we saw a couple walking around with their dog not even on a leash.



Here's a picture from the place we stayed. I thought it was really generous of my parents to let Emily and I stay in the master bedroom but it didn't turn out that great. Those two windows caused our room to brighten at about 5:30 in the morning. I suffered severely from sleep deprivation considering we didn't go to bed each night until after midnight.



This pink toilet was in the master bedroom. I thought the weirdest thing about it, was that it hung on the wall and didn't even touch the floor.



This is Em and I. All and all, it was rather fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The reunion was a lot of fun. I wish we had had more time though. It felt rushed. I think that's why we stayed up so late. At least, why I did. I probably won't see the family for two years- and I am starting to feel sad. Two years is short but long sometimes. Long enough to lose a little connection. I hope it comes back fast. Anyways, I'm glad you and Emily came. I had fun. Thank you for this pic of the crazy dog jumping sign. Hugs!

Emily Christiansen said...

My face looks weird in that picture of me.

Dena said...

That sounds like you guys had a great weekend. The wood Carvings are beautiful!!!

Amy and her little family said...

yeah it broke! I know I was so worried!